£Competitive | Crewe, UK
Boyds is a dynamic and growing organisation that provides specialist consultancy services to a wide range of clients, and we specialise in supporting the development of advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), small molecules and biologics across a wide range of therapeutic areas to support the development of new medicines for patient benefit.
We are looking for an experienced Business Support Manager to help drive the commercial success of Boyds.
As the Business Support Manager, you will ensure that the supply of services (both to and from Boyds) are supported in line with our commercial framework. You will also coordinate the production of our contract and proposal responses.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, you will work closely with the Section Heads to respond to proposal requests and support both client and clinical supplier contracts and proposals.
Specifically, you will
- Manage the production of compliant, professional cost proposals within agreed timeframes
- Review and comment on the implications and suitability of client and third-party contracts
- Drive efficiencies, best practice and continuous improvement in the business through the design and organisation of the business system and process architecture relating to contracts and proposals
- Attend cost proposal bid defence meetings, kick off meetings, review meetings and sign off meetings
- Work with the Section Heads to develop bids and costings that support clients’ needs
- Manage designated suppliers
- Engage with customers internally and externally, developing and maintaining strong, positive business relationships
To join us as a Business Support Manager, you’ll need:
- Significant experience in a contract research organisation (CRO) in a commercial and/or contracts role
- A good understanding of the R&D development process in the context of drug/device development (highly desirable)
- The proven ability to plan, produce and deliver compliant proposal documents within a fast-paced organisation
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel
- A degree level qualification (ideally a scientific discipline)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to present, influence and negotiate credibly at all levels
- Proven ability to drive an efficient and lean contract and proposals process on behalf of the business
- Knowledge and experience of pricing/contracts in the US (highly desirable)
We are eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Contracts Manager, Proposals Manager, Bid Manager, Tender Manager, Commercial Contract Manager, Senior Bid Co-ordinator or Senior Proposals Co-ordinator.
Boyds is a fast-growing consultancy business providing a range of expertise and skills central to the development of pharmaceutical and biotechnology medicinal products and medical devices. Headquartered in the UK with offices in Cheshire, Cambridgeshire, Dublin and Pennsylvania, Boyds has an international client base comprising of early-stage life science and medical device companies as well as Universities.
Boyds has earned a reputation for its work in advanced therapies and in 2018, the company was awarded the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise, International Trade for outstanding short-term growth in overseas sales.
If you are interested in joining us, please click here for more information and details about how to apply.
No agencies please.